Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) / Developer Experience
We are looking for a talented Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) / Developer Experience to join our Informatics team, building a product we call the Signals Data Factory. The Signals Data Factory is a product which specializes in taking in many different forms of scientific data, transforming it (using Apache Spark), and making it searchable (using Elasticsearch) and analyzable via a variety of interfaces. Its current use spans from early in the drug-discovery process to analyzing active clinical trial data. If you are looking to join a team of talented engineers and to contribute to delivering amazing, high impact, customer-focused features, this is a great opportunity.
- Create secure, performant interfaces and services
- Help deliver high quality product to our customers
- Work closely with Support and Services teams to troubleshoot and correct arising issues in existing customers installations
- Work with AWS services and cloud technologies
- Collaborate with fellow team members on priorities, specifications, and feature implementation
- Craft well-documented, reusable, and testable code.
- Work on a system capable of processing petabytes of data
- Build and maintain new, high impact functionality into the Signals Data Factory
- 5+ years SRE/Development experience
- Experience with Linux OS administration
- Experience working with Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud-hosting at one of the top-3 providers
- Knowledge and ability to develop on Node.js and/or Scala/Java
- Strongly driven – ability to clarify requirements and deliver code in a highly distributed and fast-moving environment
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- Jenkins, Rancher & Docker
- Some experience with Spark and/or Elasticsearch – most desired
- Experience with building APIs in Node.js and Spring Framework
- Some experience with job scheduling workflows
- A good understanding of git workflows
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Learn About Our Corporate Capabilities
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.