Software Engineer – Automations (Python, Kubernetes, Microservices)
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Product Development Engineering Team
Our engineering team is responsible for the creation and delivery of great software products and solutions, as well as services offerings to support business objectives. The team works closely with a world-class product management team in defining and road-mapping the offerings. We take pride in creating top market products which are unique, cutting-edge, and win the confidence of customers.
Join us as a Software Engineer on our Engineering Development team in Austin, Texas to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact. This will be a hybrid role in Austin.
What you’ll achieve
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for developing sophisticated systems and software, working with other technologists to build software solutions.
- Design and write test automations in a Test-Driven Development environment
- Expand automation frameworks to meet CI/CD/CT, Regression, Integration, UAT, and Performance testing needs
- Assist with investigations into software issues identified, driving them to resolution as an active member of an agile team
- Pair with other engineers to co-develop and co-deliver high quality product features and capabilities
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Experience with Python3 related to testing large scale distributed software systems with tools like PostgreSQL, MongoDB, gRPC and REST APIs
- Ability to debug/triage/troubleshoot flexible, scalable and complex programs, using either written or verbal design specifications
- Knowledge of Robot or Pytest frameworks, test-driven development models, CI/CD processes, continuous testing, agile development methodologies using tools like Jira/Github/Jenkins
- Ability to learn new tools, languages, and operating systems with some training and on-the-job experience
- 2-5 years of related experience with a bachelor’s degree; or a master’s degree; or equivalent experience
- Experience in Automations as part of a software development team with a proven track record
Here at Dell Technologies, We believe progress sits at the intersection of humanity and technology. That’s why we are committed to driving human progress and transforming lives with world-class technologies. Through our reach, technology, and people we strive to create a positive and lasting impact on humankind and the planet. By joining us, you can be part of the team that is maximizing time to value our products and solutions for our customers, partners, and team members.
We have opportunities across the globe. A team fueled by collaboration. A culture that fosters innovation and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re made up of strong, smart people dedicated to doing their best work and driving success for our customers. We Are Ready For You.
Learn more about our opportunities below and find a career that inspires you.
By 2030, 50% of our global workforce and 40% of our global people leaders will be women, 25% of our U.S. workforce and 15% of our U.S. people leaders will be black/African American and Hispanic/Latino minorities, and 50% of the people empowered by our social and education initiatives will be girls, women or underrepresented groups
Dell's team members are an incredible force focused on building a greater level of involvement in our global diversity practices across our business. Our highest aspirations reflect how we’ll make our positive social impact real and measurable.