Software Senior Engineer- Remote
The PowerStore product team has delivered a truly next-generation product to a rapidly changing world. This product delivers lightning-fast storage capabilities and cutting edge data services to serve many markets including banking, game development, scientific R&D, agriculture, and so many more. This product team was created from scratch and designed from the ground up to use the most advanced technologies, tools, and software engineering methodologies to deliver a high-quality product. Come join us as a Senior Software Engineer in our Control Plane Infrastructure Domain as a member of a mission-critical development team to have fun doing the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
The team would prefer the candidate to be in Hopkinton, MA or RTP, NC, but will also consider fully Remote (US).
This particular development team is results-oriented, fast, and flexible. We fit well with people who want to make a big contribution to product development and have the desire to learn and excel. The working environment is positive and dynamic. And you will be working with new and interesting technologies in a setting where innovation is appreciated and rewarded.
What You’ll Achieve:
As a Senior Software Engineer working in our Infrastructure Engineering domain, you will be responsible for system-level development and delivery of cluster-aware software services which are integral components in the PowerStore product, the fastest-selling storage product in Dell’s history. This tight-knit & diverse team provides high-availability orchestration for clustering of our storage systems, as well as other scalable services.
We Need Your Help To:
- Work within a global engineering team to contribute to the design and architecture of key infrastructure components required for our midrange storage product, PowerStore
- Develop, test, and integrate production and test code to resolve issues, enhance existing content, and deliver new capabilities to customers
- Coordinate with internal clients to understand requirements and work through discrepancies and impediments
- Delve deep into technical issues, participate in team scrums, design, and code reviews
- Develop, review, and implement test strategies for software products and systems
Take the first step towards your dream career! Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Proven ability to code/debug complex programs including triaging and resolving technical issues
- Proven ability to participate and add value in all phases of software development: feasibility, design, implementation, integration, test, and delivery.
- Proven ability to achieve proficiency of new tools, languages, and operating systems with training and on-the-job experience
- Strong understanding and experience with software lifecycle methodologies
- Ability to demonstrate strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail oriented, sense of urgency and follow through on assigned tasks
- 4–8 years of related experience
- Experience in scripting languages (especially Bash and Python)
- Relational Database experience and skills (especially PostgreSQL)
- Understanding of High Availability concepts and tools in a clustered environment (especially Pacemaker)
- Experience with Java 11+, RxJava, and functional reactive programming (FRP)
- Experience with multi-threaded low-latency application development
- Experience with Agile/Scrum software development cycles
- Experience with Git for source control
- Experience developing for Linux-based operating systems
Here at Dell Technologies, We believe progress sits at the intersection of humanity and technology. That’s why we are committed to driving human progress and transforming lives with world-class technologies. Through our reach, technology, and people we strive to create a positive and lasting impact on humankind and the planet. By joining us, you can be part of the team that is maximizing time to value our products and solutions for our customers, partners, and team members.
We have opportunities across the globe. A team fueled by collaboration. A culture that fosters innovation and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re made up of strong, smart people dedicated to doing their best work and driving success for our customers. We Are Ready For You.
Learn more about our opportunities below and find a career that inspires you.
By 2030, 50% of our global workforce and 40% of our global people leaders will be women, 25% of our U.S. workforce and 15% of our U.S. people leaders will be black/African American and Hispanic/Latino minorities, and 50% of the people empowered by our social and education initiatives will be girls, women or underrepresented groups
Dell's team members are an incredible force focused on building a greater level of involvement in our global diversity practices across our business. Our highest aspirations reflect how we’ll make our positive social impact real and measurable.