Sr. Service Technician
PerkinElmer’s purpose is to enable scientists, researchers, and clinicians to address their most critical challenges across science and healthcare. With a mission focused on innovating for a healthier world, we deliver unique solutions to serve the diagnostics, life sciences, food, and environmental markets. Every day, PerkinElmer Service Technicians help their customers enhance the productivity of their laboratory processes and drive high levels of satisfaction by delivering effective customer support. As a Service Team Member, you will represent the face of PerkinElmer and drive best-in-class customer service, responsiveness, and professionalism. As a Service Technician, you will deliver service and support to our customers which includes Preventive Maintenance of PerkinElmer and/or Multi Vendor Products. This support will include troubleshooting and repair of minor issues related to maintenance requirements and post maintenance testing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide scheduled preventative maintenance for contract customers, remedial maintenance for non contract customers billed at an hourly rate
- Drive toward zero service recalls
- Complete assigned preventive maintenance calls at customer sites within prescribed time frame and established performance standards
- Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to service agreement provisions to provide adequate billing information to the customer
- Drive the leads of new service agreements, service agreement upgrades and instrument add-ons to existing contracts
- Educate and promote the purchase of training, support, software, laboratory services products, consumables and field installed computer hardware/software upgrades
- Maintain updated documentation around dispatch, inventory and service support functions of the job
- Perform timely uploads and downloads of required data to ensure the integrity of service system(s)
- Accountable for assigned company assets to include: Company vehicle, tools, test equipment (MTE), telecommunication equipment, assigned service parts inventory, etc.
- Manage appropriate levels of inventory to ensure adequate supply and records are maintained
- Proactively develop technical and soft skills to maintain and enhance PerkinElmer’s value proposition to the customer
- Display exceptional written and verbal communication skills and actively interface with peers and customers
- Develop organization awareness of other functional groups and product lines to direct customers or others to appropriate resources
- Seek higher level certification through participation in company sponsored training & development offerings
- Complete all administrative tasks to include but not limited to time reporting, LMS trainings, etc.
- High School Diploma with 4 years of experience required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license; While performing the duties of this job, the employee must always safely operate a motor vehicle.
- Associate degree in Applied Science, Biology, Chemistry, Electronics, Mathematics, Engineering, Information Technology or related discipline including military experience.
- Experience using Microsoft 365
- Exposure to analytical equipment and/or lab environment
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices
- Certification of company training on equipment
Other Requirements & Preferred Skillset:
- Strong interpersonal skills; team player with customer satisfaction focus
- Ability to travel by air, vehicle and/or other means of transportation as business requires. Travel will vary depending on territory requirements and/or customer base.
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions, read and understand technical bulletins and service manuals, work under time constraints, maintain alertness and concentration, work safely with potential electrical, chemical, radiologic, and biologic hazards using universal precautions
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with peers, managers, customers and other technical support professionals is critical to successful performance in this role requires
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position more than 25% of the time.
- The person needs to occasionally move between labs, corridors, adjoining rooms, and buildings onsite.
- Frequently use objects, tools or controls, which will require regularly bending, squatting, stretching and reaching in order to perform in a service function.
- Occasionally move or lift up to 25 pounds (potential for occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds).
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include without limitation, the ability to observe details at close range (within a few feet of the instrument/equipment), distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus in order to perform the essential service functions of this position.
- Occasionally operates a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Use of personal protective equipment (e.g., lab coat, safety glasses, etc.) in laboratory.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Learn About Our Corporate Capabilities
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.