System Engineering Lead
Our customers’ system requirements are usually highly complex. Bringing together hardware and software systems design, Systems Development Engineering operates at the very cutting edge of technology to meet them. We design and develop electronic and electro-mechanical or systems-oriented products, conduct feasibility studies on engineering proposals and prepare installation, operation and maintenance specifications and instructions. We’re proud to deliver programs and products to the highest quality standards, on time and within budget.
This position will be responsible for the Cirrus system engineering domain, reporting to the Cirrus engineering lead. The role coordinates the designs of subsystems and integration of the total system. It identifies, analyzes and resolves program support deficiencies. Will be accountable for end-to-end system level design definitions and flows, and their execution, by working closely with the architects/feature-owners from silos. Will be responsible for the deliverable of System Design Documents (i.e., SysRD) based on high-level-design agreements achieved by working with the dev teams. The role will collaborate with technologists, systems engineers, and development management. to oversee execution of deliverables by suppliers in an outsourced development model. direct architectural work, extension, and modification, as well as technical leadership.
The Cirrus Software Engineering team delivers next-generation SaaS-based multi-Cloud lifecycle management and orchestration software for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Join us as Technical Staff, Systems Development Engineering on our Systems Development Engineering team in Hopkinton, Massachusetts to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As the system engineering lead for a complex, SaaS-based multi-cloud management application, you will be instrumental in creating a multi-cloud, heterogeneous, data-mobile platform for API-driven, software-defined storage, enabling the full benefit of cloud technologies across all aspects of enterprise computing.
- Develop interoperable flow architectures among the components of the applications
- Determine which release features should go through system design and take ownership on a per-feature basis, capturing work in system design documents
- Work with relevant product management and the chief product owner to agree on release content, and
- Work across global architects, product owners, and product management to ensure the realization of the technical vision and product requirements for a product release.
- Deliver the relevant system requirement documents (sysRD doc) which details the E-2-E technical flows based on the above
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- A history of solving complex problems with maximally simple architectures
- A history of moving the solutions above into production
- Strong references demonstrating the resources were created to allow the effects of a clean and robust architecture to continue after you moved on to other work
- Deep knowledge of storage systems at the developer level
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructures
Here at Dell Technologies, We believe progress sits at the intersection of humanity and technology. That’s why we are committed to driving human progress and transforming lives with world-class technologies. Through our reach, technology, and people we strive to create a positive and lasting impact on humankind and the planet. By joining us, you can be part of the team that is maximizing time to value our products and solutions for our customers, partners, and team members.
We have opportunities across the globe. A team fueled by collaboration. A culture that fosters innovation and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re made up of strong, smart people dedicated to doing their best work and driving success for our customers. We Are Ready For You.
Learn more about our opportunities below and find a career that inspires you.
By 2030, 50% of our global workforce and 40% of our global people leaders will be women, 25% of our U.S. workforce and 15% of our U.S. people leaders will be black/African American and Hispanic/Latino minorities, and 50% of the people empowered by our social and education initiatives will be girls, women or underrepresented groups
Dell's team members are an incredible force focused on building a greater level of involvement in our global diversity practices across our business. Our highest aspirations reflect how we’ll make our positive social impact real and measurable.